Clients are where you store all your data on your clients, before manually creating clients, it is important to note that you can import all your existing clients from your accounting software if it integrates with GeoOp, to check out what services integrate with GeoOp click here.
There are two main ways to manually create clients, the first being by clicking on Clients > Add Client (Or using the quick links menu on your top left hand side), As seen below:
The other is by adding a client whilst creating a job. By clicking on the + symbol next to client name you can create a new client as you’re creating a job for them, to help save a bit of time.
Adding new Clients is straightforward, however a few things to consider regarding certain fields:
- Code is purely used as a reference for CSV imports, so that data can be matched, this is mandatory.
- Bill-To-Other : Here you can choose to add another Client record you want to invoice to. Some users create client records for multiple 'sites' of 1 particular company where they do the work, & at this point would use this option to bill to the head office record of that company.
- Business Type is an optional field for your own records. You can add types & they will be saved to the drop-down menu for re-use on other clients records.
- Lead Source is another field that is for your optional use only.
- Physical Address is very important - you should always aim to get the address fully accurate for your mapping purposes.